We are seeking a talented Software Engineer to join our small team in building a truly next-generation security system utilizing all the killer bells and whistles: deep learning, on-edge embedded AI system, hybrid-cloud, video-streaming, big data, etc. We are a tight-knit, fast-paced, high energy start-up team. This position is based in Taipei and focuses on the development of software that runs in our cloud and security centers.
Key skills include Python hands-on-coding in an at-scale production product, and startup-type get-it-done experience in new areas that expand your horizons.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for code, a love for a fail-fast (and work freaking hard) engineering environment, and a hunger to learn and grow. We prefer raw-intelligence over syntax-excellence, ownership over silos. And coffee over water.
- Optimizing system architectures by adding more scalable performant programming patterns: queueing, microservices, caching, etc
- Improving the performance of components (database, code/algorithms, driver configuration)
- Creating data storage patterns optimized for insert and read load, creating reports and performing data analysis
- Maintaining a high-bar for quality using test-driven development
- Participating in code review, design review, story estimation, and prioritization processes
- Collaborating with other teams: hub/embedded software developers, hardware engineers, data scientists to polish the existing functionality and build new features
- 1+ years of experience in Software Development, or have significant open-source contributions in related fields
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or EE
- Full stack experience (Python, React.js, SQL)
- Advanced proficiency in Object-Oriented Design
- A good team worker and have excellent English communication skills
- Familiar with network architecture and protocol (e.g.: TCP, UDP, HTTP, WebSocket)
- The Start-Up mentality
Other great features
- Distributed systems experience (MQTT, Redis, Memcached, Kafka, ActiveMQ, VerneMQ)
- Knowledge in Kubernetes
- Experience in DevOps