At Mozilla we love what we do, but more importantly we are building something that millions of people love, too.
Firefox Lite has become a trusted user-agent with content platform worthy of their time and attention. If you are passionate about using technology to improve people’s lives, we believe we have challenges ahead that will excite you. We are looking to expand our team to help achieve our mission of advancing access to and discovery of high-quality, daily life content across the internet. If you are interested in building out the infrastructure and scaling our systems that allow people to focus and become more knowledgeable about the things that interest them, then Mozilla might be the place for you!
As a Backend software engineer, you work on a small team as our fast-paced business grows and evolves. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push the technology forward. You design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
- Own large scale, fault tolerant, reliable and maintainable cloud based service infrastructure.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources.
- Profiling and performance tuning of critical components.
- Deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our rapid iteration and constant growth.
- Communicate technical decisions through design docs, tech talks, and code reviews.
- Participate in our agile processes, working towards, and contributing to, the goals and vision of our roadmap.
- Collaborate with product, design, and business development teams to find innovative solutions to problems.
- Play a lead role either in terms of technical development and architecture or in terms of team management.
- Contribute towards improving engineering culture and approach.
- 6+ years experience in developing server side solutions.
- Knowledge in how to write distributed, high-volume and highly available services.
- Familiarity with TDD/BDD concepts and write well-tested code with CI/CD.
- Deep understanding of system design, data structures, relational databases and NoSQL databases, able to select the architecture most suitable for each application.
- Familiarity with industry security standards and best practices.