We’re looking for an established technical architect to take the lead of a tech team for SAS Taiwan.
You will lead in design and implementation of complex solution architectures, relate technical concepts to SAS System applications and user needs and oversee the technical progress of ongoing services projects.
You will focus on the underlying SAS technology core and may specialize in specific technical issues such as security, data management, system integration, user interface.
You will assist the sales team with technical sales activities to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and provide SAS consulting services, including solution development, implementation and closeout at customer sites.
- Analyze all information gathered during the sales cycle to provide technical requirements and translate sales technical vision into a detailed technical implementation proposal
- Scope and define work effort, support resource planning and estimate cost on technical aspects of the project. Conduct project requirements gathering
- Deliver standard and/or customized software demonstrations and presentations outlining the technical features, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS software as they apply to client needs
- Build a trusted relationship with the Account Executive and client account to provide practical guidance in the functional and technical aspects of proposed software and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction
- Provide reliable delivery of targeted project results through role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies
- Leverage detailed technical knowledge to support sales opportunities and implementations across solution domains
- May perform advanced or complex prototyping for SAS foundation technologies
- Install SAS software solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes as assigned
- May conduct pre-sales implementations to prove functional capabilities, including on-site support as required
- May assist in the response to RFI/RFPs utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers
- Strategize with sales team to provide functional and technical leadership for sales opportunities
- Look for opportunities to expand a tactical sale into something strategic for SAS and the client, utilizing SAS Technical
- Support to facilitate responses to issues that may impact a sales opportunity
- Understand, utilize and communicate best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally
- Provide support for user group events, trade shows and internal training
- Provide leadership and mentoring to the tech team
- 8-10 years of experience in solution architecture, information systems, or related area of expertise. Must have thorough knowledge of industry standards, methodologies, new technologies, and resources
- Hands-on experience of working on Cloud and Hadoop Ecosystem, Docker and Kubernetes
- Sound knowledge on data warehousing concepts and best practices
- Client-facing experience in consultant/solution company for FSI project preferred
- Strong facilitation and communications skills
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills
- People management experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally
- Fluency in Chinese and English desired
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do