About the job
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of our solution. You work together with your senior colleagues in Taiwan and US and you coach junior engineers to build the high quality building blocks of our system. You will mostly work in the office in Taiwan, occasionally work from home and are willing to travel to the US on an as needed basis. You are also the main point of contact for outsourced projects to industrial and mechanical design houses.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in mechanical design
- Team player
- Experience in SolidWorks, DFM
- Verbal and written communication skills in English
- Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- Experience solving complex system issues, technical innovation, and driving technical roadmap.
- Experience in developing mechanical engineering design practices such as running design review, failure analysis, and requirements gathering.
- Coaching of junior engineers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop requirements and design solutions for next generation systems.
- Lead new design concepts through exploration, prototyping, development, and into mature production.
- Design, implement, characterize and test the mechanical aspects of our products with an emphasis on quality, look and feel, reliability, manufacturability and cost.
- Collaborate with other team members, including software, electrical engineering, industrial design, and external partners.