The DCS DBA will design, install and maintain the databases through the whole system life cycle.
- Work with project managers to provide best solution associated hardware resources design to the databases and to ensure high resilience and performance Backup / restore.
- Design, setup and maintain high availability and DR feature ( replication, cluster, etc)
- Implement and release database changes according to agreed schedule
- Deploy database including upgrading, migration and patching.
- Proactively monitor the database systems to ensure critical services with minimum downtime and high performance.
- Write scripts to automate daily operation tasks.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems of database issue.
- Provide 24*7 support for critical situations.
General Knowledge and Capabilities
- No minimum years of experience is required, however, candidate’s major experience should be related to database administration.
- Strong team player.
- Capable of supporting and coordinating activities.
- Strong communication skill.
- Work efficiently and responsively.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal in English.
- Willing to work in a 24/7 environment.
- Hands-on knowledge over Linux based operating system, if candidate claims to be knowledgeable over MySQL or MongoDB. Hands-on knowledge over Windows server administration if candidates claims to be knowledgeable in SQL server.
- Strong knowledge in at least one brand of database, such as MySQL, MSSQL Sever, and MongoDB.
- Good knowledge in MongoDB on Linux based operating system is a big plus. Includes the experience of MongoDB monitoring (Not only use OpsMananger) and MongoDB replica-set and shading implementation.
- Candidate’s seniority will be evaluated over the depth and width (how many brands of databases) of knowledge over the 3 database brands listed above.
- DB Troubleshooting and performance improvement skills.
- Shell scripting (or power shell or python or Java ), stored procedure, trigger development for developing DBA tools and help user to tune application.
- Basic VM, network and storage knowledge