Web Reputation Service (WRS) developers who have a penchant for solving complex and interesting problems, and are familiar with the entire stack in the cloud know how to make life easier for those around them.
To handle information at the scale of the web requires just needs every area of computer science, including server/network/hosting environment, API layer/action layer/MVC, data modeling, large-scale system design, security, data compression, information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing and so on.
This role is responsible for designing and developing a cloud infrastructure from big data processing, to provide world-class web reputation service for Trend Micro’s customers.
Below are some examples of the diverse projects with which you might be involved:
- Develop and enhance an optimized and high-throughput web service to server billions of client queries per day with high availability.
- Design and enhance an efficient algorithm to index and search billions of URLs and web contents per day.
- Analyze and research real-world web threats and develop corresponding solutions in WRS backend infrastructure by machine learning or similar technology.
- Show COOL things that you’ve built before, especially it’s not ready to public but built in spare time.
- Have a penchant for solving complex and interesting problems.
- Master in one language (C/C++, Python, Java, GoLang or others) can proof of your concept.
- Master in developing on Linux platform or any network programming experience.
- English communication skill.
- Developing with open source projects, like using Github, travis-CI and so on.
- Familiar with network protocols like DNS/HTTP/HTTPS (Ex. RFC 2616: Transfer Coding, Cache-Control) and so on.
- Web server development is a plus, like any experience of patching nginx.
- Experience in huge data analysis and processing, like Spark or Kafka.
- Experience in machine learning technology, like SVM or tensorflow.
- Familiar with relational database or NoSQL database. Ex. Redis, Hadoop, Cassandra, ElasticSearch or MySQL.
- Web Threat/Vulnerability Assessments and Risk Analysis is a plus.