The candidate will serve as a Senior Network Engineer, responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of the organization’s internal network infrastructure, including traditional and cloud environments while being a resource in the network operations team.
- Proactively monitor production network environments, provide expert technical assistance to several teams with high-level networking requests and perform day-to-day network operation tasks.
- Support tier 1 and 2 network operations involving (but not limited to) configuration, capacity planning and performance & security management.
- Work on troubleshooting highly urgent and critical network cases, execute network-related change management tasks, network fault management, and closely work with service project teams to enable businesses requiring network infrastructure deployments and operation.
As a member of the Datacenter Services Team, a Senior Network Engineer will provide remote support to our internal clients who have critical response time requirements for their technology systems.
- Work independently and as part of a team to handle tickets, urgently analyze technical issues, address Level 2 escalations, work with the project manager on team related projects, and troubleshoot over the phone/onsite/via remote access.
Finally, this role will successfully demonstrate the skills required to secure and manage network infrastructures to protect productivity, mitigate threats, and reduce costs.
- Provide Tier 2 & 3 network support.
- Weekend on-call (once per month) and occasional international travel (twice or fewer per year) are required.
- Day-to-day monitoring of network operations: configuration, capacity, access, performance and security management.
- Respond to tickets whether opened by customers, routine alarms and/or network-related issues.
- Proactively interact with project managers and operations team on network infrastructure findings leading to network and project service enhancement plans.
- Network change management: support modifications and maintenance on complex network systems.
- Perform fault management and problem resolution in a highly complex, mission-critical network environment.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure problem resolution and minimize time to restore/recover, and proactively provide advice to project and operations teams about network visibility, capacity and enhancement plan.
- Be responsible and accountable for external customer facing data center network operations and the must be able to meet customer-related service level agreement (SLA).
- Respond to root cause analysis (RCA), requests and is responsible/accountable to delivering the RCA document for review.
- Work closely with network architects to ensure network infrastructure can support service architectures and to provide field experience to network architects and solution architects to proactively integrate network infrastructure with service infrastructure.
- 7+ years of experience as IT Operation Engineer within 3+ years of experience as Network Operation Engineer
- 5+ years as Network Operation Engineer
- Bachelor’s or above degree in math or engineering
- Non-math / non-engineering degree requires 7+ years of experience working as network operation engineer
- Expert level and hands on experience on layer 2 Ethernet wired switching technologies that include RSTP, LACP, VLAN trunks, and LLDP
- Expert level and hands on experience on layer 3 routing (IPv4 and IPv6) technologies that include VRRP, OSPF, route redistribution and policy routes
- Experience on advanced IP technologies (IPv4 and IPv6), eq: BGP and CoS
- Troubleshooting experience with following technical area
- Networking: Layer-2 switch, Layer-3 routing (VLAN and OSPF), Layer 4 load balancing
- Security: DELL Force10 / Cisco Nexus switch ACL and Juniper SRX Firewall Security Policy
- Name resolution: DNS
- Application/session protocols: HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP
- Experience with: MRTG (or PRTG) or SNMP. OPNM or AFS
- Logical and accurate English verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in instructing remote resources (remote-hand) working remotely inside our datacenters
- Hands on experience on Juniper J- or M- or MX-series network equipment with functional knowledge of JUNOS (especially OSPF, BGP, EoMPLS)
- Hands on experience on Citrix NetScaler network equipment with functional knowledge of NetScaler OS
- Expert working and troubleshooting experience with,
- Cisco IOS Layer-2 switching (Catalyst 2xxx, 4xxx, 6xxx series switch)
- FreeBSD and CentOS Operation Systems
- TACACS+, RADIUS, LDAP
- VPN connections to Amazon AWS VPC
- IPsec VPN on Juniper SRX
- Experience on design rack and private cage mounting and cabling layout
- Experience on calculating rack and private cage power consumption and cooling arrangement