IMPORTANT: Candidates must commit to work in Taipei, Taiwan for at least two years.
Trend Micro seeks to hire a technical writer with a passion for technology, a focus on clear communication, and a strong commitment to team goals. The writer will work closely with the user experience team, which includes other writers, user interface designers, product managers, and product development teams.
- Consistently deliver high quality documentation for a range of security technologies and products targeted at various audiences, including developers, network administrators, and decision makers.
- Manage documentation projects through meticulous planning and constant coordination with stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Proficiently identify and gather necessary information and supply value-added content based on this information.
- Provide friendly, precise, and consistent user interface labels, message strings, and other interface wording.
- Support product design by collaborating on customer research activities.
- Conduct thorough reviews for other writers.
- Expertise in authoring tools, structured authoring (DITA/XML), and collaborative writing processes.
- Strong understanding of networking and security concepts; ability to learn and articulate complex concepts and ideas.
- Ability to manage complex projects independently or with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt quickly and work successfully in an evolving and culturally diverse environment.
- Excellent communication skills with impeccable written English (Trend Micro only accepts applications in English).
- BS/BA degree (related work experience may substitute for a degree).
- 2 years of experience writing documentation under stringent quality standards.
- The ability to work with authoring tools and technologies efficiently.
- A willingness to work in Taipei for at least two years.