As a DevOps Engineer, you will establish a culture and environment where building, testing, and releasing software, can happen rapidly, frequently, and more reliably. However, our engineers will also have opportunities to switch streams and projects as the team and business evolve. Hence, we require our engineers to be versatile and eager to broaden the scope of problems that they tackle.
- As part of the engineering team you will advise the organization as to which technology stacks / cloud / data solutions to use in Taiwan
- Ensure that systems are always available, fast and highly scalable to accommodate unprecedented demand.
- Manage and monitor a multi-datacenter regional environment
- Help develop the best possible continuous delivery pipelines supporting features like automatically promotion to production, automated canary releasing or blue green deployments
- Collaborate with product engineers to enhance core platforms
- Build/Maintain tools for configuration management, build, continuous integration and deployment, reporting, monitoring etc.
- Strive towards making the systems highly secure
- Explore new and creative DevOps approaches to ensure production stability and high availability
- Work closely with various other teams to improve operations, functionalities and efficiency
- Live the start-up spirit and deliver mature craft
- Previous experience working with AWS or similar cloud provider
- Extensive experience in Unix or GNU/Linux system administration with at least 5 years experience
- Expertise with one or more of Python, Bash, Perl, Golang
- Understanding of fundamental networking concepts
- Experience in configuration management and orchestration (experience with Chef/Ansible/Puppet is an added bonus)
- Demonstrated the ability to look forward and anticipate problems and needs
- Worked with CI/CD tooling, Jenkins/Bamboo/Travis
- Some experience with Docker, the more the better
- Experience in distributed system design/operation.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Proven cross-team, multinational projects experience.
- Quick learner