- Good team work skills, be well organized and show demonstrated ability to work and solve problems independently, ability to learn independently
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills
- Design, code, and unit test new features and modifications.
- Implement projects in a timely manner in conformance with coding standards and in compliance with defined specifications
- Triage, re-factor, and troubleshoot issues found within the code base
- Communicate effectively in a fast paced work environment
- Develop robust, reliable, well tested software.
- Research data quality issues
- 5+ years of Java programming experience
- Proficient in web application framework technology like (Struts, Spring, JPA, etc)
- Experience building scalable restful web services
- Experience working with relational databases and working knowledge of SQL
- Good understanding of ORM knowledge
- Familiarity with source code control systems, especially Git
- Strong knowledge of continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Must be good in English, able to communicate technically with colleagues abroad
- Experience using issue tracking systems (e.g. JIRA, Bugzilla, Redmine)
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, S3, Elasticache, RDS, etc.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX system administration
- Experience with NoSQL database